[Digikam-devel] Color Management plugin??

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Tue Nov 22 06:13:34 GMT 2005

Le Lundi 21 Novembre 2005 22:28, Thorsten Schnebeck a écrit :
> > > Well actually, i'm working on DImage implementation, a new image
> > > framework used to load/write images in 8/16 bits/color/pixel. The only
> > > way to apply icc/icm profils to an image is with linear 16
> > > bits/color/pixel PPM image generated by dcraw to read RAW image files.
> >
> > Yes, I know about this (I've read some posts about your work). At this
> > time, I'm using Cine Paint (aka gimp film) to apply icc/icm profiles to
> > my images (tiff and jpeg formats only, my camera is a cheap one :-().
>
> Cause CMS is new to digiKam maybe it is interesing to point to the website
> of one of cinepaints cms gurus:
>
> http://www.behrmann.name/cms/cinepaint/bildbearbeitung/cinepaint_ccorrectio
>n.html
>
> Here you see a complete 16Bit color proof workflow from the photo image to
> print-out. This site is currently state of the art and the reference.
>
> An example of a raw-file IT-8 target is my
> http://digikamplugins.free.fr/RAWFILESDATABASE/CANON-EOS20D.CR2.bz2
>
> Some interesting info can be found here:
> http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
>
> Having 16Bit _AND_ CMS is a _DREAM_. If digiKam get these feature some day
> then it is more than a killer application :o)

16 bits support is complete in image editor core. I need to port all plugins,
but PNG, TIFF, PPM, RAW file can be loaded properly in image editor in 16
bits as well.

CMS is now supported by DImg (old DImage). ICC profile can be used to fix
photo color automaticly. An external file or embeded profil (PNG, JPEG, TIFF)
can be use. We need to build a settings interface for ICC profil.

> Bye and a big THANK YOU to all of you :-)

I hope that digikam come better than a simple image viewer like any others
applications in this world (:=)).