[Digikam-devel] Very large strings in digikam 0.8

Tina Trillitzsch t.trillitzsch at gmx.de
Mon Jul 25 21:52:06 BST 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:11:39 +0200, Rinse de Vries
<rinsedevries at kde.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Current trunk version of digikam contains these strings:

> I think those strings are too large, no one reads warnings this
> size :o)
> Is it possible to make the message more brief?

I agree, most people never read messages that long. They are also
very cryptic.

My suggestions for a briefer and more comprehensible versions of the
first one is this:

"Images from one of your albums are not on disk anymore.
Digikam needs to remove this album from your collection to continue,
but you will also lose all images in that album.

Should Digikam remove the album or exit?\n"

I'm not sure I got it completely, please correct me if something is
wrong. For example: are all the images (items can only be images,
right?) missing or only some? Because if all of them are missing,
then I could shorten it even more by removing the warning - of
course your images will be gone, but they are gone anyway, right?
I may be way off here. But it would be a bad sign anyway if a user
can't understand the messages ;).

The other one I frankly didn't understand completely, but it seems
similar to the first one. Possibly somebody who understands it can
modify my first suggestion for the second one.

Bye,
Tina