[Digikam-devel] digikam 0.7.4 tarballs split

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 14 17:52:17 BST 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Caulier Gilles wrote:

> ... contents the compiled handbooks translated using .po files. In this folder
> you not find .po files but .docbook files and translated screenshots in PNG.
> This is very important !!! _This_ folder will be used to include handbook
> pt_br translations in the tarballs. ...and this is can be done only if the
> handbook compilation is done before on SVN repository !!!
>
> About GUI translations, If you see in the tarball, you can find all .po files
> who will built (.po to .mo file) during compilation, and then installed in
> the system. This is the major difference between GUI and DOC i18n rules.
>
> Finally, in all case, GUI are always included in tarballs, and only
> pre-compiled handbooks.
>
> The question is : who pre-compile the handbooks ? Well normally the DOC
> translation coordinators of the i18n teams. And this is done when KDE
> repository is toggle in pre-final release accordingly with main KDE
> coordinators !!!
>
> This way is different for apps included in extragear part, because digikam
> release aren't synchronized with KDE release date !

if i understand your email correctly, the po files in docmessages are used
to update the index.docbook for the final translations and this is done
automatically (by scripty, i believe). And you are saying this is
done only at KDE official release time. according to the last commit by
coolo in the following directory, the problem might have been fixed.
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/pt_BR/docs/extragear-graphics/digikam/
"our translation files are now indepedent on KDE releases and named
localization..."

but someone in the translation team can verify this.

renchi