[Digikam-devel] digikam 0.7.4 tarballs split

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Thu Jul 14 14:06:02 BST 2005

Le Mardi 12 Juillet 2005 20:11, Renchi Raju a écrit :
> i have split the tarballs into src and docs and these are available here:
> http://pooh.tam.uiuc.edu/digikam/split_tarballs/
>
> i will be splitting the tarball for digikamimageplugins as well and
> uploading them to the same location.
>
> can people (especially the ones with non US locale) compile and install it
> and check if the docs appear ok.

Renchi, I think only precompiled documentations _on_ SVN will be include in
the package.

DOC translations rules are differents than GUI translations. Lets me explain
any points about Doc i18n rules and package creation. I will use the
"pt_br" (brazilian) team who provide an updated works  :

The folder :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/pt_BR/docmessages/extragear-graphics/?rev=434500

... contents the .po files used to translators for 'translate' the handbooks.
The .po files are created automaticly by a script from the original docbook
files in English. Typicaly the translators use Kbabel for this task.

The folder :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/pt_BR/docs/extragear-graphics/digikam/?rev=434500

... contents the compiled handbooks translated using .po files. In this folder
you not find .po files but .docbook files and translated screenshots in PNG.
This is very important !!! _This_ folder will be used to include handbook
pt_br translations in the tarballs. ...and this is can be done only if the
handbook compilation is done before on SVN repository !!!

About GUI translations, If you see in the tarball, you can find all .po files
who will built (.po to .mo file) during compilation, and then installed in
the system. This is the major difference between GUI and DOC i18n rules.

Finally, in all case, GUI are always included in tarballs, and only
pre-compiled handbooks.

The question is : who pre-compile the handbooks ? Well normally the DOC
translation coordinators of the i18n teams. And this is done when KDE
repository is toggle in pre-final release accordingly with main KDE
coordinators !!!

This way is different for apps included in extragear part, because digikam
release aren't synchronized with KDE release date !

Laurent, you working with French KDE translations team. Can you fix these
informations if necessary ? My explanations are right for you ?

Thanks in advance.

Gilles (Sorry for my bad English (:=))))