[Digikam-devel] Removing thumb size from settings.

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Thu Jul 7 09:46:45 BST 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 08:21, Tom Albers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the menu View there are settings for the Album Sort Order  and Image Sort
> Order, those settings are saves when you close digiKam. These settings are
> not available in the digiKam Settings Screen.
>
> I would suggest doing the same for the Thumb Size Setting. It is now available
> in the Settings Screen and in the menu View.  I would like to remove it from
> the Settings Screen. Reasoning: 1) consistent with Album Sort Order and Image
> Sorter Order. 2) Removes a setting from the Settings Screen and 3) when you
> change the thumb size and restart digiKam the thumbs will have the size of
> the last time you used digiKam which makes more sense to me then the current
> behaviour.
>
> Does anyone agree or disagree? Tina?
Hi Tom,

thumbnail size is a bit special as special as they are also used in
may other KDE places.  If there's a KDE global setting, this should
be the default.  If KDE setting is changed default entry should be
changed and used if default is selected in digikam.

Other than that I think moving from settings to View menu and remember
size is a good idea.  Everything only IMHO of course, and _if_ KDE has
a style/usage guide policy for this topic I change my mind to whatever
written there for consistency.

Achim -- uncapable to simply say yes or no at least once ;)

> Best,
>
> Toma
> --
> http://www.kde.nl | irc: {toma}

P.S. it's hard to get rid of '{}' isn't it ;)

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com