[Digikam-devel] Image Properties SideBar progress (3) + New experimental ShowFoto layout...

Renchi Raju renchi.raju at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 06:43:18 BST 2005

Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le Mardi 30 Août 2005 22:04, Tom Albers a écrit :
>
>>Op dinsdag 30 augustus 2005 16:46, schreef Caulier Gilles:
>>
>>>When a folder is selected on directories browser, all items from this one
>>>are loaded on showfoto ! Actually the implementation scan the folder to
>>>find all PNG, TIFF, and JPEG files. All items are loaded using a file
>>>time sorting.
>>
>>The allowed extentions are hardcoded. I don't like that, you can see in
>>digiKam that results in a couple of questions of users. Hardcoded is even
>>worse, people can not change it untill the next release of digiKam. That is
>>why I used another approach in my patch.
>

> Harcoding is just temporally. A better way is to have a mime type config like
> in digiKAm setup for example.
>

>>>The patch from Tom have been include in this implementation and
>>>revamped a little (:=)))...
>>
>>You totally changed it, it has nothing to do with my patch. What I made was
>>a shortcut ctrl-shift-o which instantly loads all showable images in all
>>folders where the currently loaded images reside. Say if you doubleclicked
>>on a foto in konquerors filemanager (linked to showfoto in my case) and
>>want to see the other images in that folder, just press ctrl-shift-o.
>>
>>You simply implemented a 'open directory', analog to 'open file'. No
>>problem for me, you just choose another approach.
>>

> Yes it's different, but the result is the same: download all items from a
> folder.

I have to admit, I am a bit confused as to where we are going with
showfoto module. With the directory browser, its becoming an application
which is trying to be on the same level as other image browsers like
gwenview or showimg. At this point, I am not really sure where it fits
in with the vision of digikam as an image management software. Would it
be better to forking it off into a separate project?

renchi