[Digikam-devel] Image Properties SideBar progress (3) + New experimental ShowFoto layout...

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Tue Aug 30 21:04:53 BST 2005

Op dinsdag 30 augustus 2005 16:46, schreef Caulier Gilles:
> When a folder is selected on directories browser, all items from this one
> are loaded on showfoto ! Actually the implementation scan the folder to
> find all PNG, TIFF, and JPEG files. All items are loaded using a file time
> sorting.

The allowed extentions are hardcoded. I don't like that, you can see in
digiKam that results in a couple of questions of users. Hardcoded is even
worse, people can not change it untill the next release of digiKam. That is
why I used another approach in my patch.

> The patch from Tom have been include in this implementation and
> revamped a little (:=)))...

You totally changed it, it has nothing to do with my patch. What I made was a
shortcut ctrl-shift-o which instantly loads all showable images in all
folders where the currently loaded images reside. Say if you doubleclicked on
a foto in konquerors filemanager (linked to showfoto in my case) and want to
see the other images in that folder, just press ctrl-shift-o.

You simply implemented a 'open directory', analog to 'open file'. No problem
for me, you just choose another approach.

> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/ShowFoto/01.jpg
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/ShowFoto/02.jpg
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/ShowFoto/03.jpg

Personally I like the thumbs on the right more. I would like showfoto to be
simple. Things like histogram I do not need, I just want to use showfoto to
show-a-foto. I can see what will be the future: all plugins will be added to
tabs left or right in showfoto and image editor. I think it clutters my view,
look at 01.jpg, it is so crowded you can hardly see the forest, uhh snow, uhh
foto.

> Please let's me hear your viewpoints about this experimental way. Thanks in
> advance...

These are just my opinions, they probably wont reflect the opinions of other
developers or users, just me.

gr

Tom

http://www.kde.nl | http://www.digikam.org |irc: toma | toma at jabber.kovoks.nl