[Digikam-devel] Image Properties SideBar progress (3) + New experimental ShowFoto layout...

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Tue Aug 30 15:46:31 BST 2005

Hi all,

I had finalized the image properties sidebar implementation for the main
interface, image editor and showfoto. The last screenshots are available at
the same place :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/SideBar/

What's news :

- disable properly all SideBar contents when no item are selected on main
interface and when there is no image loaded in showfoto.
- hide all SideBar in showfoto when SlideShow is used.

The image properties implementaion is stable and ready for 0.8.1. The updated
source code tarball is available at this url :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/digikam_with_sidebar.tar.gz

//--------------------------------------------

In the second time, i had worked on showfoto. After that Tom have send a patch
on this ML about a new menu entry to load all items from a folder, i had
study this way.

The current showfoto implementation on my computer use a new experimental
layout with :

- A thumbar horizontaly oriented and placed on the bottom, like M$ file
explorer from win XP :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/OthersSoftware/Office_XP/IE_photoalbum.PNG

- A simple local directories browser on the left. The tab use a new widget
based SuperImpose plugin widget and located to digikam/libs/dirselector. This
widget remember the last folder used in preview showfoto session.

- The image properties SideBar staing on the right.

When a folder is selected on directories browser, all items from this one are
loaded on showfoto ! Actually the implementation scan the folder to find all
PNG, TIFF, and JPEG files. All items are loaded using a file time sorting.
The patch from Tom have been include in this implementation and revamped a
little (:=)))...

There are any screenshots here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/ShowFoto/01.jpg
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/ShowFoto/02.jpg
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/ShowFoto/03.jpg

Please let's me hear your viewpoints about this experimental way. Thanks in
advance...