[Digikam-devel] SideBar support in ShowFoto and Image Editor

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon Aug 15 22:05:22 BST 2005

Dnia poniedziałek 15 sierpień 2005 17:40, Rainer Krienke napisał:
> I think this ist not true in all points. The histrogram view would be
> better placed in a horizontal layout. For the exif data again more
> people would probably prefer teh vertical layout since then you see more
> of these data at a time. I as already described I would prefer the
> horizontal layout even for EXIF, but this is my personal preference
> motivated by the space otherwise wasted because of the 3:2 format of my
> photos.

Upgraded svn, compiled tarball, tested and made some mockups. Results
are quite surprising.

When panel will be moved to the bottom part of window it also has to
have its height. In effect image *cannot* be much bigger than with
current setup :))))) You are trading black strips above and below image
for black strips on the left and right :)))) This is for landscape, for
portraits result is disastrous.

Test done on 1024x768 but I suppose most people has similar proportions
of screen. Things can only be better on horizontal laptop screens (with
current layout).

Tested on showfoto with vertical photo strip. In ImgEditor relations
will slightly change but not dramatically.

The only thing which can improve situation in showfoto is moving photo
strip to the bottom (a la MS photo management app), but rest should stay
as it is.

m.

Vim Universal Templates
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net