[Digikam-devel] SideBar support in ShowFoto and Image Editor

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Mon Aug 15 17:46:49 BST 2005

On Monday 15 August 2005 17:40, Rainer Krienke wrote:

> Is there a way to make the sidebar tab draggable to vertical or
> horizontal layout without detaching it? I think of this like the
> kicker in KDE which you simply can drag at the top,bottom or
> left, right side of the screen changing the layout from vertical
> to  horizontal orientation.  If this could be implemented it
> would be the best of both worlds: No seperate windows that a
> newbe could accidentally destroy but on the other hand an optimal
> layout that can be choosen quickly depending on what has to be
> done (e.g. EXIF or histogram) for a certain image with a certain
> aspect ratio.

In my opinion, it would be the very best to have the tabs both
moveable _and_ floatable.  To prevent newbies to destroy a window,
we can add menuitems in the view-menu.  With that, the user can
reopen a window easily.

I know that there has been a discussion on that.  Maybe it would be
an option to disable floating by default and add an option to
enable it?  I assume, our users are not only newbies ...

This would give most flexibility to the user to create the layout he
wants to have for a particular type of task -- IMHO, the user
should be able to save this layout, too.

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373