[Digikam-devel] TagEdit again

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Mon Aug 8 16:48:48 BST 2005

Op maandag 8 augustus 2005 17:07, schreef Thomas Mueller:
> Am Montag, 8. August 2005 16:41 schrieb Joern Ahrens:
> > Look at the features digikam already has, look at the already added
> > wishes at bko. Well, then decide again if we don't like people asking for
> > new features! But you're right, this is the best way to be ignored in the
> > future.
>
> How many of thos wishes at bko were answered by
>
> Am Montag, 8. August 2005 15:34 schrieb Tom Albers:
> > Make a patch or stop whining now.
>
> When asking once for a feature? I love digikam, and i appreciate the work
> the devs put in there, but too me an answer like this to a feature-request
> is a sign of rudeness.

Oh then I'm rude. I've just had it with this wish. An entry in b.k.o. is
sufficient for us, but mentioning it in every mail you send as sort of a
signature gets on my nerves. It is such a waste of time for all developers
which have to read it, again and again.

Just a quick summary of some of the posts about this subject, which is far
from complete:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-devel/2005-August/000926.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-devel/2005-August/000927.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-devel/2005-August/000938.html