[Digikam-devel] TagEdit again

Dominik Fritz digikam at dominikfritz.de
Wed Aug 10 08:49:21 BST 2005

I did some modifications to the patch to solve some of the mentioned problems.
The current patch can be found at
http://www.dominikfritz.de/digikam/tagedit.diff.gz

Am Montag, 8. August 2005 11:21 schrieb Thomas Mueller:
[...]
> 1. I have the following Tags-Structur
>
> /people/anja
> /people/anjas-friends
> /peopla/anjas-friends/Tom
> /people/anjas-friends/Peter
>
> When i tag an image with Tom, and the next image is Anja herself, and i
> enter Anja in the searchbox, i get to Tom. Maybe you should sort images
> after Tag-Levels first, then after lastused. So all Tags with the matchin
> Expression in the last tag are displayed first, in this case,
> /people/anja
> /people/anjas-friends
> would be displayed, because anja is in the last Tagname, but anja would be
> first, since its lastused is closer.
>
> Dont know if its possible to alter the autocomplete that much, but it would
> be great, right now i renamed /people/anjas-friends to
> /people/an-jas-friends, which is a little sucky ;)

Indeed this might be a little annoyance. I have had not thought about this
problem while developing the patch.
I changed the autocompletion behavior to do a substring match on  the whole
tagname including all parents only when the user typed text includes a "/".
If the textfield does not contain a "/" the autocompletion feature does only
a substring match on the tagname without the parents.
I think this modification should solve your problem.

> 2. New Tag Generation
> If i enter Paul in the searchbox, and there is no match, and i press enter
> paul appears as a tag in the list. But the tag is not created, and thus not
> applied to the image.
> Errormessage:
> digikam: ERROR: won't create tag without leading slash
> digikam: Dirty: /
>
> When i enter /paul it works, so if you press enter on a non-matching tag
> the tag should be created as root-tag.

I changed it to work like this.

> 3. It would be really cool, if the fields and especially the preview would
> be resizable, the thumbnail is too small to tag images sometimes.  Thats
> actually the most important problem, but as far as i read here, its not so
> easy to change in normal Tag-editing window, so it might be hard to change
> here too :(

Well, that's a bit more difficult. As I'm not a very experienced kde
programmer I don't know if I can integrate this easily. But I agree that a
large preview would be nice and I will have a look on it in the text days.

Dominik