Welcome to the Digest mailing list

Martín Cigorraga martincigorraga at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 04:22:24 UTC 2012

Hi everyone =)

Taking Danny's advice I will make a short introduction of myself; I hope I
will not bore you to death and you have my blessings to delete this email
if you feel your eyelids heavier and your head falling to any side...

I recently started collaborating with the Commit-Digest after seeing a post
in KDE's G+ that workforce was needed for that -I must say- boring but
necessary task.
As most of you I have my own story of distro hopping, DE/WM hopping and so
and as most of you I finally settled on a distro, a DE and a handful of
apps to work with - ahh!, the beauty of F/LOSS.

So since I've been using KDE SC since 4.5 version -approximately- and I'm
committed to help whenever I can like submitting bug reports, looking on
submitted bug reports, contributing missing artwork -like KRuler,
KShutdown, Blogilo, etc. tray monochrome icons, still a work in progress-,
letting people know about KDE SC and it's mind-blowing awesomeness, helping
on IRC or forums whenever I got a little spare time and now helping
classify commits.
I'm aware KDE SC like most F/LOSS is more a work of love than anything else
with countless people helping with endless hours to the projects just for
the joy to help, share knowledge, meet other like-minded people and grow
both as a person and professionally on the way.

.DOB: 1-Feb-1978
.COB: Mar del Plata, Bs. As., Argentina
.Computers I owned (thanks Dad): Timex Sinclair 2068, CZ Sinclair Spectrum,
Spectrum 48k Plus, Talent MSX DPC-200, Atari 800 XL, Commodore 64, MSX
Spectravideo 728 with Talent's MSX floppy drive (still got these!). Then
came the Modern Age when I was forced to use Windows for a long time -thus
losing my interest in computing- until I finally discovered and switched to
GNU/Linux in middle 2005: from that point life was shiny again!
.Strong advocate of F/LOSS, GNU and FSF.
.Current distro: Arch Linux x86_64
.Other distros I like: Gentoo / Slackware / Source Mage GNU/Linux / SliTaz
/ Parabola GNU/Linux (Arch Linux 100% Libre)
.Often used software: KDE SC of course, AwesomeWM (on machines that don't
meet minimal requeriments for KDE SC), Emacs, tmux (can't even imagine
working in console without it), Yakuake, nmap, Amarok, mplayer2/UMPlayer,
Terminator over Konsole when using AwesomeWM, Dolphin (rocks!), strace,
GiMP, Inkscape, Blender (actually doing my first steps with it), Ranger,
Transmission BT daemon, MLDonkey, Kontact PIM Suite, OpenWrt, Firefox or
Chromium depending on how they behave on the current build, just to name a
few. If I were not such a fan of Emacs I think KDevelop would be my
preferred IDE. Oh I almost forget: Google. I'm aware of all the privacy
concerns about it but overall I find the whole Google suite indispensable
for my everyday's work.
.Work status: unemployed, left Phantasoft S.R.L. a couple of months ago to
scout new horizons. Still I'm working as IT freelancer both in my hometown
and through the intertubes. Also with my sister we run a second-hand
bookstore so when I'm not hooked to the net reading technical stuff I enjoy
reading some good literature as well every kind of interesting books or
magazines.
.Marital status: single. Hello girls! :D
.Education: left Law School at second year, after meeting lots of wanna-be
lawyers personally I decided I don't wanna be sorrounded by them in my
future professional life >:D Also coursed one year of Computer Engineering
but got bored and quit. I'm an autodidact. I enjoy far more getting courses
of things I like or I don't like but know I need to know that going the
whole academic course.
.Hobbies: I love to go surfing whenever the sea isn't too cold, being sit
on my board waiting for the waves and then catching and riding them is one
of the better things in life; I also enjoy things like spending time with
my buddies, watching movies, Breaking Bad, Wilfred, BSG, Sherlock (BBS),
doing outdoor activities, Grimm (Monroe's the best!), playing with my dogs,
Louis C. K., George Carlin, Doug Stanhope, Bill Hicks, to cook asados
(sorry, I tried) and pasta, hacking gadgets and software, cold Hoegaarden
and Guiness, etc. There's so much awesome things to do and so limited time!
I could never understand people who get bored! To travel, horseriding, to
study music, getting to the space and founding my own company as MS did...
so much things.

Regarding the KDE SC project, I hope I can add my grain of sand to
contribute making KDE SC the most amazing DE available.
Cheers,
Martin

P.D.: are you still awake!?