Doing some Review

Vladislav Blanton vblanton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 23:15:48 UTC 2012

I had some thoughts, a while ago, on how to slim down the amount of work
necessary to publish digests. I didn't take the time to share them then,
and then forgot for a while, and your email reminded me to write again. Who
knows, perhaps there may be some agreement, insight or movement from them?

I had a thought, perhaps revolutionary, that developers ought to select
which commits make it to the digest for review. Some kind of tag that our
digest system catches. then, there would be wayyy less review of nonsense
commits, just mainly classification (though it is fun sometimes to see it
all, isn't it?).

and then even further: perhaps no classification? with less than 100
commits per digest, i have a feeling that the categorization is more work
than is worth the effort. as a reader, in my experience, I just skimmed
through them all when i was interested in the details. classification is
also often silly too, as commits can fall into multiple categories or none.
Sometimes, the difference between whether a commit is a feature or a bug
fix depends more on the reader/user than the developer!

wellness to everyone,

Vlad