classifying and the distinction between different types of commits

Alexander van Loon a.vanloon at alexandervanloon.nl
Fri Dec 31 12:10:49 CET 2010

Based on your advice I have added classification guidelines to the page on the KDE Community Wiki:
http://community.kde.org/Commit_Digest_Guidelines

On Wednesday 29 December 2010 23:48:30 Danny Allen wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
> * If a commit says that it fixes something but doesn't have a bug report attached, that is ok (commit needs to be
important though, remember the 5% rule!)
> * Yes, people have been misusing this category - it is only meant for commits that make things either faster, or use less
memory, or in rare cases, the interface more streamlined ("now this can be done in 2 clicks instead of 10")
> * "Other" is for commits that don't really fit elsewhere: for example, I used to select commits that were really interesting
or funny even if they otherwise wouldn't be important (like someone writing in the message something really important
they learned, etc.)