classifying and the distinction between different types of commits

Danny Allen danny at commit-digest.org
Thu Dec 30 00:48:30 CET 2010

Hi Alexander,
* If a commit says that it fixes something but doesn't have a bug report attached, that is ok (commit needs to be important though, remember the 5% rule!)
* Yes, people have been misusing this category - it is only meant for commits that make things either faster, or use less memory, or in rare cases, the interface more streamlined ("now this can be done in 2 clicks instead of 10")
* "Other" is for commits that don't really fit elsewhere: for example, I used to select commits that were really interesting or funny even if they otherwise wouldn't be important (like someone writing in the message something really important they learned, etc.)

Thanks,
Danny