classifying and the distinction between different types of commits

Alexander van Loon a.vanloon at alexandervanloon.nl
Tue Dec 28 23:45:15 CET 2010

Currently I’m busy with classifying, and I noticed again how much
trouble I’m having with deciding which type to designate to commits. For
example:

     1. Do we only mark commits which refer to a bug number as a bug
        fix, or also those without if the comment tells us that it fixes
        a crash without referring to a bug number?
     2. What falls in the optimize category? In practice far too much in
        my eyes it seems, what does really belong there? Is it safe to
        designate everything which isn’t visible to the end user as
        optimize while designating everything which is as a feature?
     3. What is ‘other’ used for?

It seems to me we also need Classification Guidelines?