Merge request in need of a review

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Mar 22 10:43:58 GMT 2021

On Thursday, 18 March 2021 10:39:24 GMT Pierre wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> While doing some cleanups (QRegExp => QRegularExpression conversion) I found
> in Words KWStatisticsWidget a TODO that was looking easy to do and would be
> a relaxation moment after spending days in cleanups : extract the
> statistics logic into a non-UI object so it can be reused by both QWidget
> and QML UIs. I've create a merge request for this change because I really
> would like to be sure it matches the expectation for UIs like gemini, and
> because of some trickery I used to compute statistics only when someone is
> listening to them.
>
> https://invent.kde.org/office/calligra/-/merge_requests/23

  Already replied on the thing, but this is a great effort, and definitely
really useful - i'll have to look into adding this to the components, and
consequently Calligra Gemini, at some point :)

> I would of course understand if nobody had time to spend on this topic. If
> there is no review nor objection, I will merge this request next week and
> let changes be made by iteration rather than before merging.

  Everybody's busy, but it's worth throwing a bit of time at reviewing other
people's work. In no small part because it just straightforwardly is a useful
thing to be doing, but also because well, while mental context switches are
expensive, we also all /need/ a break from hammering at that one annoying
problem we've been working on for hours, and... doing a review or two is a
great departure :)

> BTW, for the french-reading people, I've written a small article about my
> recent "contribution spree" on calligra. Don't get it wrong, I'm not doing
> this to show off, I'm only trying my best to get new people to contribute to
> the project, showing that it's still alive.
>
> https://linuxfr.org/users/pied/journaux/723-5736-5696-un-mois-de-travail-de-> resurrection-d-un-projet-libre

  Oh please do show off! It's a solid effort that's worth showing off :)

--
..dan / leinir..
http://leinir.dk/