Merge request in need of a review

Pierre pinaraf at pinaraf.info
Thu Mar 18 10:39:24 GMT 2021

Hi everybody

While doing some cleanups (QRegExp => QRegularExpression conversion) I found
in Words KWStatisticsWidget a TODO that was looking easy to do and would be a
relaxation moment after spending days in cleanups : extract the statistics
logic into a non-UI object so it can be reused by both QWidget and QML UIs.
I've create a merge request for this change because I really would like to be
sure it matches the expectation for UIs like gemini, and because of some
trickery I used to compute statistics only when someone is listening to them.

https://invent.kde.org/office/calligra/-/merge_requests/23

I would of course understand if nobody had time to spend on this topic. If
there is no review nor objection, I will merge this request next week and let
changes be made by iteration rather than before merging.

BTW, for the french-reading people, I've written a small article about my
recent "contribution spree" on calligra. Don't get it wrong, I'm not doing
this to show off, I'm only trying my best to get new people to contribute to
the project, showing that it's still alive.

https://linuxfr.org/users/pied/journaux/723-5736-5696-un-mois-de-travail-de-resurrection-d-un-projet-libre

Regards

 Pierre