Proposed release calendar

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Mon Mar 22 00:10:15 GMT 2021

Le dimanche, mars 21, 2021 10:42 PM, Pierre <pinaraf at pinaraf.info> a écrit :

> Hi everyone
>
> I was looking at our current changelog in master, and while we don't have much
> to show regarding new features, several stability fixes were added, and the Qt
> 5.15 compatibility may come in handy for distributors.
> Since I don't know of any release calendar/planning, I would like to suggest
> the following approximate calendar :
>
> -   end of month : 3.3 alpha 1, targeting 3.3 stable in the following months
> -   end of 2021 : 3.4, switch dependencies to Qt 5.15 / KF 5.80, aka big-jump-
>     proofness
>
>     From a feature point of view, I have no plan, but I guess moving to Qt 5.15
>     won't take that much time so there will be some things to show…
>
>     Is this ok for everybody?

Sound good to me. I would additionally propose to already use Qt 5.15 in Gemini
qml code. First, because we are already using stuff from >Qt 5.7 (QQC2/Kirigami)
and also because this code is not important for the downstream user but using
the lastest thing from Kirigami would allows us to build a better UI.

I already did a few cleanup MR:

* https://invent.kde.org/office/calligra/-/merge_requests/25
* https://invent.kde.org/office/calligra/-/merge_requests/26

Cheers,