Clazy fixes and CI…

Pierre pinaraf at pinaraf.info
Mon Feb 22 16:54:26 GMT 2021

On Saturday, February 13, 2021 2:43:46 PM CET Pierre wrote:
> Hi
>
> In order to rejuvenate a bit some parts of the code base, I am looking into
> Clazy, especially the old-style connect fixit. In several projects,
> switching away from these made the application more reliable, with issues
> being catched at build time instead of run time.
> Do you see any reason not to do that? I plan to do it on words and its libs
> first since that's what I will test the most, but if you want I can do it on
> the whole project.
> After that cleanup is done, I will start looking into setting up a CI and
> running the unit tests we have automatically in gitlab. I think this could
> lower the entry barrier for new/junior developers… If somebody else already
> tried/did that, any feedback/hint/help is welcome obviously.
>
> Cheers
>
>  Pierre

Hi

My first Merge Requests regarding Clazy is kind of ready. There is still a lot
to fix, but it's already kind of big…

If you want to review, do not hesitate, but I would understand if nobody had
time for that.

https://invent.kde.org/office/calligra/-/merge_requests/16

I've split it in commits, one commit per fix type + one extra for several small
fixes I found while doing the others, including one typo that could break ODF
compatibility on a specific attribrute.

Number of clazy issues reported has been divided by 3, still a lot to do and
far less automatic fixits available now…

Regards

 Pierre