Regarding the matter of Calligra Gemini

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Nov 12 15:53:47 GMT 2014

Hi Leinir!

I am all for a merge into master. Question is whether you want to have
it released with 2.9?

On 2014-11-08 23:13, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> Hi everybody! :)
>
>   As you're likely aware, over the last few months, i (with the
> assistance of
> a couple of others) have been working on a new application for
> Calligra, by
> the name of Calligra Gemini. For those who don't know, it is an
> application
> encapsulating the Words and Stage components in a user interface
> designed to
> be able to work on touch enabled devices, and able to switch between
> that and
> the traditional desktop ui (hence also the name, gemini being the
> conceptual
> name for these dual-ui applications, which started with Krita Gemini).
I am wondering, shouldn't then in the future gemini be merged into
Words/Stage (depending on man power, of course)?

>   The branch in which it sits contains a number of changes to the rest
> of
> Calligra, which has enabled the creation of Calligra Gemini, and given
> the
> reviewboard entry for those changes has now reached shipping status we
> are now
> at the point where the rest of that branch needs to be considered.
I guess the rest of the branch is the application itself?

>   My proposal is thus:
>   - As many people as possible have a try at compiling and running
> Calligra
> Gemini to see it running (you'll need very up to date libgit2 and
> libqgit2
> packages (0.21.1 and 0.2.1 respectively), available for opensuse
> here[1], and
> for others i expect it'll be available from somewhere as well)
libqgit don't seem to be in debian at all :( That said, they should
package it we use it. And since, it is in a plugin in Gemini, maybe that
should not be a hard requirement for building gemini?

--
Cyrille Berger Skott