Problems with Calligra Active and mimetypes (was: Re: Review Request 108996: update calligraactive.desktop: sync mimetypes with those of Sheets, Stage, Words, remove outdated entries)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Feb 26 17:09:23 GMT 2013

Hi Shantanu,

Am Dienstag, 26. Februar 2013, 22:10:58 schrieb Shantanu Tushar Jha:
> I have mixed feelings when I think about having a touch UI for each of the
> Calligra apps separately. On one side there are advantages that you
> mentioned, but then it seems as if there will be too much work and/or
> duplication.

I would hope that any duplication can be solved by using libs and other
resuable components. It is done for the Desktop applications, and it seems to
have worked there.
But things might be different with QML or Active. Where do you see duplication
that cannot be avoided easily?

> Again, I am not very sure and this definitely looks like
> sprint discussion material, what do you think?

I already added it to the topics, after you said somewhere it should be
discussed. So yes, very much a sprint material :)

Too bad, that community.kde.org is currently down :/

Cheers
Friedrich