Check for Qt classes that should not be used

Jean-Nicolas Artaud jeannicolasartaud at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:07:45 GMT 2013

2013/2/20 Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> > As you may have noticed, I have taken some interest in EBN, the KDE
> static
> > code checker[1]. One of the categories there is "Check for Qt classes
> that
> > should not be used" where it recommends to use e.g. KTabBar instead of
> QTabBar
> > and so on.
> >
> > What's our opinion on that?  That should be something very simple to
> build
> > into fixsrc.py but I hesitate to do it because I don't know what our
> > motivations for not doing it to such a high degree is. Lack of support in
> > KDevelop / Qt Creator? The programmer didn't know they exist?  Something
> else?
> >
> >         -Inge
> >

> > [1]http://englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/index.php?component=bundled-
> > apps&module=calligra
>
> I saw that too recently and I think that these classes shouldn't be
> changed because KDE Frameworks goes into the exact opposite direction.
> I mailed Allan Winter about that some time, but didn't get an answer.

Maybe contacting ervin at kde dot org could help too, he is totally
involved in KDE
frameworks. I do agree with you Sven on the fact that "KDE Frameworks goes
into
the exact opposite direction". By the way, that doesn't mean that every
part of the
KDE libs has to be forgotten. KDE needs things that Qt doesn't have, and
Frameworks
just explose things, to be Qt nearer and nearer.

--
Jean-Nicolas