Autocorrect

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Fri Sep 14 13:35:23 BST 2012

<montel at kde.org>:
> > Hi,
> > Sorry for cross-posting.
> >
> > In kmail (4.10) I implemented auto-correction for kmcomposer. So now we
> > can autocorrect text when we wrote as in calligraword for example.
> >
> > There is a autocorrect.xml file in each language.
> >
> > And I looked at in fr directory and there is the same file in
> > l10n/fr/data/calligra/autocorrect and l10n/fr/data/koffice/autocorrect
> > So it’s already duplicated.
> >
> > Now I would like to use the same file.
> >
> > So I would like that we move this file in
> > l10n/fr/data/kdelibs/autocorrect and install it in
> > <kdedir>/share/apps/autocorrect/<language> for example.
> >
> > Same for other language :)
> >
> > What do you think about it ?
> >

> > I don’t want to download all l10n :)
> >
> > I can create a patch for calligra/koffice if necessary to fix path for
> > the future (and keep compatibility)
> >

> > Regards:
> >
> > PS: I looked at calligra code and fixed some code, because there is a
> > lot of bugs into and it’s not totally implemented...
>
> Hi,
>
> Just two questions:
>
> 1. The previous naming scheme was <language>_<locale>.xml with
> installation into ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/calligra/autocorrect [1]. How to
> adopt CMakeLists.txt to the new location (if it's needed)?
>
> 2. Will this change be ported into stable (should we change the names and
> CMakeLists.txt in stable branch)?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri
>
> [1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=calligra-devel&m=133208596016809&w=2
Uhm are we sure that the set of corrections applied in KMail should be the
same in Words etc.

I have no big objection, but I think some kind of user investigation is
warranted. So whatever you decide, please make sure it doesn't conflict with
user's needs

And how about the fact that the user can edit this in Words, and how will
installation work. Each app will have to install it's own version possibly
overlapping

all questions to be answered.

I'm going to leave it in your capable hands now