Autocorrect

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Sep 14 16:34:05 BST 2012

Le vendredi 14 septembre 2012 14:35:23 C. Boemann a écrit :
> On Friday 14 September 2012 14:24:15 Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> > написане Fri, 14 Sep 2012 14:18:51 +0300, laurent Montel
> <montel at kde.org>:
> > > Hi,
> > > Sorry for cross-posting.
> > >
> > > In kmail (4.10) I implemented auto-correction for kmcomposer. So now we
> > > can autocorrect text when we wrote as in calligraword for example.
> > >
> > > There is a autocorrect.xml file in each language.
> > >
> > > And I looked at in fr directory and there is the same file in
> > > l10n/fr/data/calligra/autocorrect and l10n/fr/data/koffice/autocorrect
> > > So it’s already duplicated.
> > >
> > > Now I would like to use the same file.
> > >
> > > So I would like that we move this file in
> > > l10n/fr/data/kdelibs/autocorrect and install it in
> > > <kdedir>/share/apps/autocorrect/<language> for example.
> > >
> > > Same for other language :)
> > >
> > > What do you think about it ?
> > >

> > > I don’t want to download all l10n :)
> > >
> > > I can create a patch for calligra/koffice if necessary to fix path for
> > > the future (and keep compatibility)
> > >

> > > Regards:
> > >
> > > PS: I looked at calligra code and fixed some code, because there is a
> > > lot of bugs into and it’s not totally implemented...
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just two questions:
> >
> > 1. The previous naming scheme was <language>_<locale>.xml with
> > installation into ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/calligra/autocorrect [1]. How to
> > adopt CMakeLists.txt to the new location (if it's needed)?
> >
> > 2. Will this change be ported into stable (should we change the names and
> > CMakeLists.txt in stable branch)?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your answers.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Yuri
> >
> > [1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=calligra-devel&m=133208596016809&w=2
> Uhm are we sure that the set of corrections applied in KMail should be the
> same in Words etc.

For me if we make autocorrection in calligra you want the same in kmail :)

> I have no big objection, but I think some kind of user investigation is
> warranted. So whatever you decide, please make sure it doesn't conflict with
> user's needs

When we modify file we don’t want to modify it for calligra and after kmail.
So an uniq file is good.

> And how about the fact that the user can edit this in Words, and how will
> installation work. Each app will have to install it's own version possibly
> overlapping

If you want to keep local file for calligra in .kde/share/apps/calligra/* it’s not a problem for me.
But I think that it’s better to have an uniq file for it.

But for reading global file it’s better to have it in global position. (in <kdedir>/share/apps/autocorrect)

And it’s not a good idea to duplicate yet in l10n.
Better to have .xml in specific position which can release with kdelibs (kdepim can’t depend against calligra :) )

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090