Calligra (Sheets) program icon inconsistencies

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed May 9 15:02:46 BST 2012

Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2012, 10:55:11 schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> On 2 May 2012 16:10, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> > ((__General icon/logo (style) mismatch between programs and website__))
> >
> > But:
> > looking at the icon (names) of the other Calligra programs I also wonder:
> >
> > Why does the Words program icon have a new/other style than e.g. Stage and
> > Sheets? Are there no updated icons for Stage and Sheets as well?
> >
> > And why again do all icons look different from the program icons/logo on
> > http://calligra.org/ ?
>
> 1. Could you explain by showing a screenshot? All the icons should be
> already updated. If you found old name somewhere, then sure you can
> update it.
> If you asked about a small K inside of icons, I removed them and sent
> result to Cyrille long ago.

The Ks have indeed vanished from the icons used on the frontpage, but not from
the icons on the individuel product pages, see
calligra.org/{words,sheets,krita,...}.

And then compare these icons to the ones currently used in the sources
(attached for quick access).

> Summing up, no need to ask for artists except for maybe brainstorm
> icon which was my quick attempt.

? As I understood from boemann's and Cyrille's replies there indeed is work
done to get an updated set of icons for all programs, at least the
forked/moved ones.

And Cyrille wants to fix any inconsistencies between website and code in one
go once the new icons are done.

> 2. Regarding application logos - we have no logos and I don't know any
> plans for them. Please note, logo != icon.

Yes, that is why I said both logo and icon :) Given all the variety I was
never sure which one is considered to be an icon and which is perhaps a logo.

E.g. the package-like pictures for all the products on the frontpage of
calligra.org looked to me like a logo, not like image of a package with an
icon inside.

But from your reply I learned that there are no logos at all, so will never
talk about logos again :)

Cheers
Friedrich