Calligra (Sheets) program icon inconsistencies

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed May 9 09:55:11 BST 2012

On 2 May 2012 16:10, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ((__Missing icon in About dialog for Calligra Sheets__))
>
> in master the program icon set in the code (implicitely by KAboutData) for
> Calligra sheets is wrong (KAboutData uses the first ("appName") parameter to
> KAboutData, unless overwritten with "setProgramIconName(...)").
> So it is "sheets", not "kspread", see e.g. the "About Calligra Sheets" entry
> in the "Help" submenu (culprit code in sheets/part/AboutData.h).
>
> I assume the correct fix would be to change the names of all the
>        sheets/data/pics/*kspread.png
>        sheets/data/pics/*sheets.png
> and adapt any usages of "kspread" as icon id/name to "sheets" (like in the
> .desktop files). Guess that needs to be backported to 2.4 as well.
>
> Shall I provide a patch for that?
>

> ((__General icon/logo (style) mismatch between programs and website__))
>
> But:
> looking at the icon (names) of the other Calligra programs I also wonder:
>
> Why does the Words program icon have a new/other style than e.g. Stage and
> Sheets? Are there no updated icons for Stage and Sheets as well?
>
> And why again do all icons look different from the program icons/logo on
> http://calligra.org/ ?

1. Could you explain by showing a screenshot? All the icons should be
already updated. If you found old name somewhere, then sure you can
update it.
If you asked about a small K inside of icons, I removed them and sent
result to Cyrille long ago.

Summing up, no need to ask for artists except for maybe brainstorm
icon which was my quick attempt.

2. Regarding application logos - we have no logos and I don't know any
plans for them. Please note, logo != icon.

PS: (Also note that artists != icon engineer. The former may prepare
blurry blobs I learnt after years)

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek