removing module specifiers from includes

Arjen Hiemstra djfreestyler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 14:51:44 GMT 2012

On Monday 06 Feb 2012 15:13:01 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a patch ready that changes all <QtGui/QDialog> style includes to
> <QDialog>. The reason is that with Qt5, QtGui will split into QtGui and
> QtWidgets.
>
> The module specifiers actually only lead to churn, and there is no
> discernable advantage to them; all KDE applications have all Qt modules
> in their include path anyway.
>
> Besides, we're not consistent anyway, sometimes we use <QtGui/QBla>,
> sometimes <QBla> and sometimes still <qbla.h>.
>
> Of course, this is only the first step, those files where do just #include
> <QtGui> will give us trouble when porting to Qt5, but there are only about
> a hundred cases of that...
>
> Anyone any objection to my committing these changes?

Hmm, my question here would be: Is there any "official" support for building
Calligra on Mac OSX? The primary reason for using <Module/Class> that I have
know of is that compiling for OSX using Qt as a Framework it is required to
use this type of includes, since it is used to do framework lookups as
documented at [1].

If there is no support for that and nobody is planning to support it either
then I am fine with it, just wanted to point it out.

- Arjen

[1]:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPFrameworks/Tasks/IncludingFrameworks.html