removing module specifiers from includes

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Feb 6 14:54:38 GMT 2012

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012, Arjen Hiemstra wrote:

> On Monday 06 Feb 2012 15:13:01 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a patch ready that changes all <QtGui/QDialog> style includes to
>> <QDialog>. The reason is that with Qt5, QtGui will split into QtGui and
>> QtWidgets.
>>
>> The module specifiers actually only lead to churn, and there is no
>> discernable advantage to them; all KDE applications have all Qt modules
>> in their include path anyway.
>>
>> Besides, we're not consistent anyway, sometimes we use <QtGui/QBla>,
>> sometimes <QBla> and sometimes still <qbla.h>.
>>
>> Of course, this is only the first step, those files where do just #include
>> <QtGui> will give us trouble when porting to Qt5, but there are only about
>> a hundred cases of that...
>>
>> Anyone any objection to my committing these changes?
>>

> Hmm, my question here would be: Is there any "official" support for building
> Calligra on Mac OSX? The primary reason for using <Module/Class> that I have
> know of is that compiling for OSX using Qt as a Framework it is required to
> use this type of includes, since it is used to do framework lookups as
> documented at [1].

Well... I know that Krita builds on OSX, we had a thread some time ago
started by someone who had managed that and wanted to put Krita in the OSX
app store. Krita definitely uses the plain include methods -- and the
include style is mixed all through libs as well.

People are actually atm making the same change to kdelibs.