Building on Windows I'm getting failures by anongit.kde.org's git server

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Dec 7 10:45:43 GMT 2012

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 11:27 +0100, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>> On Fri, 7 Dec 2012, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
>>
>> Looks like gitorious is being obstreperous :-(.
>>
>> I managed to actually get qt downloaded earlier this week. One thing you
>> can do is to try to clone qt manually, into $KDEROOT\git. If all else
>> fails, you can download a release tarball yourself and work with that,
>> with some trickery to convince the emerge system that you installed it.
>
> ok, I'll try with a release tarball if all else fails.
>
>> Are you using msvc or mingw for this project? In either case, you have to
>> count on spending some time getting all the bits in place, the emerge
>> process almost never runs smoothly from begin to end, there's always
>> something.
>
> I plan to use msvc2010 as documented on the wiki of Calligra. Note that
> the wiki should probably better document c:\kderoot. It wasn't clear
> until I read the general instructions on KDE-on-Windows where
> kdesettings.bat goes and stuff like that ;)
>
> For my application I also have to build and use KDtools among other
> libraries that right now link against a standard Qt for Windows in C:\Qt
> \4.8.3. Is it possible to use that Qt instead of building Qt with emerge
> for Calligra? I expect that I can't link against two Qt's ...

Yes -- the important thing is that Qt's qmake needs to be in the path
path so cmake finds it, that it is build in the same way (Debug or Release)
and the Qt dll's need to be in the patch

> And if I have to use the one from anongit.kde.org, then it should be
> possible to fetch it :-S

Well, as far as I know, emerge fetches its qt directly from gitorious, not
from an anongit.kde.org mirror.

> ps. Trying to fetch the sources on a Linux machine did succeed btw. It's
> now at the "Solving detlas" phase, which is further than the Windows
> machine's git ever gets. I also tried with msysgit and had the same
> problem on the Windows machine.

Weird...