Building on Windows I'm getting failures by anongit.kde.org's git server

Philip Van Hoof philip at codeminded.be
Fri Dec 7 11:21:20 GMT 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 11:45 +0100, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Dec 2012, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> >
> > I plan to use msvc2010 as documented on the wiki of Calligra. Note that
> > the wiki should probably better document c:\kderoot. It wasn't clear
> > until I read the general instructions on KDE-on-Windows where
> > kdesettings.bat goes and stuff like that ;)
> >
> > For my application I also have to build and use KDtools among other
> > libraries that right now link against a standard Qt for Windows in C:\Qt
> > \4.8.3. Is it possible to use that Qt instead of building Qt with emerge
> > for Calligra? I expect that I can't link against two Qt's ...
>
> Yes -- the important thing is that Qt's qmake needs to be in the path
> path so cmake finds it, that it is build in the same way (Debug or Release)
> and the Qt dll's need to be in the patch

Ok, and the emerge steps for kdelibs and all that will if Qt's qmake is
found use the Qt in C:\Qt\4.8.4, or do I need to adapt the emerge
scripts somewhere?

I might indeed later try to build a Calligra and KDE support libs that
use the standard installed Qt: I'd hate to have to install a custom
build Qt on my clients' Windows machines ...

Although I guess that what it is building right now is ABI compatible
with what I have installed using qt-win-opensource-4.8.4-vs2010.exe?

(Apparently I have installed 4.8.4 and not 4.8.3 :-/, I just noticed it)

> > And if I have to use the one from anongit.kde.org, then it should be
> > possible to fetch it :-S
>
> Well, as far as I know, emerge fetches its qt directly from gitorious, not
> from an anongit.kde.org mirror.

Hmm no right now it uses anongit.kde.org. I changed the Python script
for Qt to use gitorious and now it is working:

r:\emerge\portage\libs\qt\qt-4.8.2.20120321.py:

        #self.svnTargets['4.8.2'] = "[git]kde:qt|4.7-stable|v4.8.2"
        self.svnTargets['4.8.2'] = "git://gitorious.org/qt/qt.git|4.8|v4.8.2"
        self.svnTargets['4.8.3'] = "git://gitorious.org/qt/qt.git|4.8|v4.8.3"
        #self.svnTargets['4.8.3'] = "[git]kde:qt|4.7-stable|v4.8.3"

Right now it's building that v4.8.3 tag of qt on gitorious.

I hope that anongit.kde.org's branches aren't different than gitorious's

> > ps. Trying to fetch the sources on a Linux machine did succeed btw. It's
> > now at the "Solving detlas" phase, which is further than the Windows
> > machine's git ever gets. I also tried with msysgit and had the same
> > problem on the Windows machine.
> >

> Weird...

Yes :-\

Meh, always something when trying to do something on Windows machines.

Would be great if Calligra's team would invest in a nice Windows SDK.
But I understand that I'm probably a bit early to ask ;-)

Kind regards,

Philip

--

Philip Van Hoof