Building on Windows I'm getting failures by anongit.kde.org's git server

Philip Van Hoof philip at codeminded.be
Fri Dec 7 10:39:21 GMT 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 11:27 +0100, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Dec 2012, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
>
> Looks like gitorious is being obstreperous :-(.
>
> I managed to actually get qt downloaded earlier this week. One thing you
> can do is to try to clone qt manually, into $KDEROOT\git. If all else
> fails, you can download a release tarball yourself and work with that,
> with some trickery to convince the emerge system that you installed it.

ok, I'll try with a release tarball if all else fails.

> Are you using msvc or mingw for this project? In either case, you have to
> count on spending some time getting all the bits in place, the emerge
> process almost never runs smoothly from begin to end, there's always
> something.

I plan to use msvc2010 as documented on the wiki of Calligra. Note that
the wiki should probably better document c:\kderoot. It wasn't clear
until I read the general instructions on KDE-on-Windows where
kdesettings.bat goes and stuff like that ;)

For my application I also have to build and use KDtools among other
libraries that right now link against a standard Qt for Windows in C:\Qt
\4.8.3. Is it possible to use that Qt instead of building Qt with emerge
for Calligra? I expect that I can't link against two Qt's ...

And if I have to use the one from anongit.kde.org, then it should be
possible to fetch it :-S

ps. Trying to fetch the sources on a Linux machine did succeed btw. It's
now at the "Solving detlas" phase, which is further than the Windows
machine's git ever gets. I also tried with msysgit and had the same
problem on the Windows machine.

Kind regards,

Philip

--