Building on Windows I'm getting failures by anongit.kde.org's git server

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Dec 7 10:27:46 GMT 2012

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm following these instructions to build Calligra on a Windows host.
>
> http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Building_Calligra_on_Windows
>
> While doing the emerge qt step, I get this error message from git:
>
> Cloning into ....
> remote: Counting objects: 698437, done.
> remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side. fatal: early EOF fatal: index-pack failed
> emerge fatal error: command fetch failed
> emerge fatal error: running python r:\emerge\portage\libs\qt\qt-4.8.2.20120321.py fetch
> emerge debug: Task: Emerge stopped after: 0:02:11.719000
>
> Sometimes it starts fetching the objects and on the console I see
> "compressing objects", and sometimes it immediately exists after the
> Counting objects phase. But I can never succeed in getting qt.

Looks like gitorious is being obstreperous :-(.

I managed to actually get qt downloaded earlier this week. One thing you
can do is to try to clone qt manually, into $KDEROOT\git. If all else
fails, you can download a release tarball yourself and work with that,
with some trickery to convince the emerge system that you installed it.

Are you using msvc or mingw for this project? In either case, you have to
count on spending some time getting all the bits in place, the emerge
process almost never runs smoothly from begin to end, there's always
something.