Building on Windows I'm getting failures by anongit.kde.org's git server

Philip Van Hoof philip at codeminded.be
Fri Dec 7 10:18:31 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm following these instructions to build Calligra on a Windows host.

http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Building_Calligra_on_Windows

While doing the emerge qt step, I get this error message from git:

Cloning into ....
remote: Counting objects: 698437, done.
remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side. fatal: early EOF fatal: index-pack failed
emerge fatal error: command fetch failed
emerge fatal error: running python r:\emerge\portage\libs\qt\qt-4.8.2.20120321.py fetch
emerge debug: Task: Emerge stopped after: 0:02:11.719000

Sometimes it starts fetching the objects and on the console I see
"compressing objects", and sometimes it immediately exists after the
Counting objects phase. But I can never succeed in getting qt.

How do we fix this?

Kind regards,

Philip

--