tool_references icon

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Aug 11 18:16:15 BST 2012

написане Sat, 11 Aug 2012 19:10:02 +0300, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
<kossebau at kde.org>:

> Am Samstag, 11. August 2012, 16:28:17 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Attached is the proposed icon for References pane. Just a mix of current
>> icons in /calligra/pics.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for a review.
>
> Hm, could you explain also why you did this icon the way it is?

"A" and colors are taken from the current icons for footnote and endnote,
style is taken from line-spacing icons.

> Because IMHO I do not see this to be a good symbol for the tool. While
> the
> page (nitpick: misses a dog-ear) with the "A" clearly shows it's about a
> text
> document (picking up the symbolismn), the green arrow does not really say
> "references" to me.

EndNote has an icon that looks like a page with a right arrow.

> Also for color-blind people the difference to the "Export document"
> symbol is
> more or less just the "A", so perhaps also a reason to redesign it.

Ok. But it should be noted that there is a label says "References" that
should be shown against it.

> I do not have a proposal how to symbolize references, though.
>
> Cheers
> Friedrich

Ok. I withdraw my proposal.

Best regards,