tool_references icon

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Aug 11 17:10:02 BST 2012

Am Samstag, 11. August 2012, 16:28:17 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is the proposed icon for References pane. Just a mix of current
> icons in /calligra/pics.
>
> Thanks in advance for a review.

Hm, could you explain also why you did this icon the way it is?

Because IMHO I do not see this to be a good symbol for the tool. While the
page (nitpick: misses a dog-ear) with the "A" clearly shows it's about a text
document (picking up the symbolismn), the green arrow does not really say
"references" to me.

Also for color-blind people the difference to the "Export document" symbol is
more or less just the "A", so perhaps also a reason to redesign it.

I do not have a proposal how to symbolize references, though.

Cheers
Friedrich