Who feels in charge for the Chart plugin?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Aug 4 19:55:08 BST 2012

Hi Sebastian,

Am Samstag, 4. August 2012, 15:37:46 schrieb Inge Wallin:
> On Saturday, August 04, 2012 14:23:44 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

> > > That would be me and/or erione. We have done all the work on the chart
> > > shape the last year (except for your excellent polishing work).
> >
> > (mh, did not polish chart stuff, but thanks anyway :) )
> >
> > So what is the current relation to the KDAB variant? Has that chart code
> > just been a code drop/fork, or is KDAB still also using the very same
> > code?
>
> The code is actively maintained and is sold as a stand-alone product.
> See http://www.kdab.com/kdab-products/kd-chart/
> According to them there is a new version coming out very soon now. It should
> have been July already but I haven't seen any announcement.
>
> > And who is the contact person at KDAB for the chart code?
>
> I'm not sure who is the product manager. I normally talk with Sebastian
> Sauer.

So do I try to do now :)

Sebastian, do you use the Oxygen icons for the chart types in the KDAB product
as well and could think about sharing them, or do you have your own icons and
we (Calligra/KDE/Oxygen) have to create the missing icons ourselves in any
case?

As mentioned in the text above, the icons talked about are these:
http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Icons/Shared_icons#Chart_Types

Cheers
Friedrich