Who feels in charge for the Chart plugin?

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sat Aug 4 14:37:46 BST 2012

On Saturday, August 04, 2012 14:23:44 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Samstag, 4. August 2012, 14:19:37 schrieb Inge Wallin:
> > On Saturday, August 04, 2012 13:37:20 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > to find someone to work on the missing icons for the chart types, see
> > > http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Icons/Shared_icons#Chart_Types , I
> > > wonder
> > > how much KDAB is interested to join the efforts, as the chart plugin is
> > > based on KDChart from what I see.
> > >
> > > Anyone with a clue here?
> > >
> > > Whom to contact and make big pretty eyes with fluttering eyelashes? :)
> >
> > That would be me and/or erione. We have done all the work on the chart
> > shape the last year (except for your excellent polishing work).
>
> (mh, did not polish chart stuff, but thanks anyway :) )
>
> So what is the current relation to the KDAB variant? Has that chart code
> just been a code drop/fork, or is KDAB still also using the very same
> code?

The code is actively maintained and is sold as a stand-alone product.
See http://www.kdab.com/kdab-products/kd-chart/
According to them there is a new version coming out very soon now. It should
have been July already but I haven't seen any announcement.

> And who is the contact person at KDAB for the chart code?

I'm not sure who is the product manager. I normally talk with Sebastian Sauer.

	-Inge