Demo documents to help showcase Calligra - where to store + thoughts?

Stuart Dickson stuart.dickson at kogmbh.com
Mon Apr 16 15:18:36 BST 2012

Hi,

I've created a small selection of sample documents to help showcase
Calligra and related software.

The intention was for some more creative and less dry sample documents,
so they are a mix of "family friendly" and creative works.

Some of these have been authored in LibreOffice - but as they are plain
ODF documents, they remain useful for testing and as friendly documents
which one could use in Calligra screenshots. (The reason I had use LO
was owing to using Windows and, at the time, I had run into an issue
when saving the ODT example...even though I had created a similar
document entirely within.

The question is what the community would like to do with these - whether
to incorporate them within the calligra repository on git.kde.org, or
whether these should be kept in a separate repository, on gitorious for
example?

The other question I would have is whether any small changes should be
done - at present Creative Commons information is in a README text
document which would be bundled with the docs, but I could add a footer
to make sure it is visible from the document itself. Whilst the
licensing information is stored inside the document info, it is
interesting to see that LibreOffice and Calligra appeared to use
different fields to store the document info?

The files are:

http://heap.kogmbh.net/stuartmd/webodf/README.txt - has licensing
information and image sources
http://heap.kogmbh.net/stuartmd/webodf/sample_postcard.odt -  document
presenting a postcard project
http://heap.kogmbh.net/stuartmd/webodf/sample_lemonade.ods - "lemonade
stand" spreadsheet
http://heap.kogmbh.net/stuartmd/webodf/sample_pixels.odp - "pixel art"
presentation

So any thoughts on where these should be stored / how they can be used
further, would be welcomed.

- Stuart

-- Stuart Dickson
// KO GmbH http://kogmbh.com/legal/