Beta 2 tagging delay

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 29 12:43:55 BST 2011

On Thursday 29 September 2011 Sep, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> On Thursday 29 September 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> > > Huh ? That is not true, we do work with branches.
> >
> > Yes, it is true. All branches related to the release process are missing.
> Name the branch ? Because apart of the branch I have named, none are missing.

Yes, we have a branch called "master", just like we used to have a branch called "trunk". We don't have any other branch that is related to the release process. We only have feature branches.

But let it go, this discussion isn't productive at all.

> > There's no staging branch where people can easily track all branches in one
> > go, and that is the reason that the branches do not get sufficient testing
> > before merging into master.
>
> The problem of the staging branch is that noone has step forward to do the
> work on proposing a workflow (it is not as simple as doing "git checkout -b
> staging" and telling people they can merge all kind of branches in there.

So it isn't there, and that's why we have this current problem, for which we asked for a delay in tagging. I will not have time to work on the solution until Saturday, sorry for that.

--
Boudewijn Rempt