Beta 2 tagging delay

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Thu Sep 29 11:52:22 BST 2011

On Thursday 29 September 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday 29 September 2011 Sep, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> > >
> > > It also means that we need to setup the system of branches we have
> > > discussed before a couple of times already. We don't have that now,
> > > with the result that we are still working as if in svn.
> >
> > Huh ? That is not true, we do work with branches.
>
> Yes, it is true. All branches related to the release process are missing.
Name the branch ? Because apart of the branch I have named, none are missing.

> There's no staging branch where people can easily track all branches in one
> go, and that is the reason that the branches do not get sufficient testing
> before merging into master.

The problem of the staging branch is that noone has step forward to do the
work on proposing a workflow (it is not as simple as doing "git checkout -b
staging" and telling people they can merge all kind of branches in there.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott