Calligra on Tizen and beyond

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed Oct 12 09:24:02 BST 2011

On 09/30/2011 07:01 PM, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> On 30 September 2011 18:37, Sebastian Sauer<mail at dipe.org>  wrote:

>>> Dear All, let's step back and think what the broadway-like stuff
>>> really is. This is not HTML5 app but client (viewer) for server
>>> process that is still native GTK/Qt app that may be.
>> Sure, HTML5 is about the client-side and *NOT* about the server. That
>> is the point. Canvas as implemented by broadway *IS*
>> HTML5 and it's a clear client-server separation. You can run both
>> on the same machine
> You can't: as I said the server cannot use Qt, maybe not even STL.

Ah, got your point. Well, let's assume that Tizen will come
some day with a way to install native apps just like Android
and Phone7 [1]. Even if not Tizen can be modified by those
that build products with it [2].

But yes, maybe that's all out of scope for now and at least
till there are more informations about the tizen-stack. Rather
interesting that till today there are no more additional
technical details out. We will see what comes next/after.

[1]
http://walshie.me/2010/11/12/windows-phone-7-native-apps-the-missing-link
[2] e.g.
http://nomovok.com/news/56/73/Nomovok-provides-Tizen-with-integrated-Qt
but also
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2011/09/27/new-tizen-platform-linux-foundation-limo-intel-appup
which promises app-compatibility with MeeGo.