cstester - a tool for testing loading and painting of documents

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Tue Jan 18 20:36:57 GMT 2011

On 18 January 2011 15:02, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>> Doesn't QPicture do something like that already? Or else we might compare
>> the svg.
> Well QPicture is a binary format. And I am not sure if SVG would provide easy
> to use diff.

Well, for my understanding, the binary format is only because of
specific serialization. At logical level it's a sequence of stokes,
circles, points, bitmap blits etc., whatever is possible via QPainter.
Two series can be certainly compared but the question is how to define
identity relation. Two different sequences can result in eqal pictures
(in this case the set of items are equal), and conversely two sets can
be equal but result in different pictures, e.g. because z-order
matters.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek