cstester - a tool for testing loading and painting of documents

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Wed Jan 19 08:27:27 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 18 January 2011, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> On 18 January 2011 15:02, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 18 January 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> >> Doesn't QPicture do something like that already? Or else we might
> >> compare the svg.
> >
> > Well QPicture is a binary format. And I am not sure if SVG would provide
> > easy to use diff.
>
> Well, for my understanding, the binary format is only because of
> specific serialization. At logical level it's a sequence of stokes,
> circles, points, bitmap blits etc., whatever is possible via QPainter.
> Two series can be certainly compared but the question is how to define
> identity relation. Two different sequences can result in eqal pictures
> (in this case the set of items are equal), and conversely two sets can
> be equal but result in different pictures, e.g. because z-order
> matters.
Yes it could help with DPI. Since you could use it to rebuild both QImage by
replaying the original QPicture on a QImage.

But my problem with it being binary is that a diff is of little value. What I
am hopping with the text format is to be able to run diff, and get this
output:

-LINE 11.0 -12.1 34.3 2.3 QPEN(255,0,0)
+LINE 12.0 -12.1 34.3 2.3 QPEN(255,0,0)

And of course if you run that on a big document it might not be that helpfull,
but on smaller unit tests, I am thinking it could give an idea of what went
wrong.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott