Merge request of text layout restructuring

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed Jan 5 15:44:10 GMT 2011

C. Boemann wrote:
> Last week I worked on the text layout, and I'm now requesting a merge of
> the branch I worked in:
>
> text-layoutrestructure-boemann
>
> What I've done is moving the text runaround properties from the KWFrame
> class to KoShape
>
> Secondly I moved the runaround code from KWord to the TextShape.
> However it is still the responsibility of the application to supply the
> textshape with the relevant shapes.
>
> This was stepd 2-4 in my big 7 step master plan that I've talked to all
> words developers about.
>
> Please take a look, and comment.
>
> I've made basic testing and I'm rather confident that there are no
> regressions. Many unit test might be broken, and should be disabled for
> now.
>
> Review mainly requested from hanzes,pierreSt ,pinaraf, sebsauer, but also
> anyone else who think they have something to contribute.

Review done. In words/part/tests/TestDocumentLayout.cpp before 21 tests failed
and now 25 are failing. The probably most interesting one seems to be in
placeAnchoredFrame3() which does;

QTextLayout *lay = doc->begin().layout();
QVERIFY(lay->lineCount() >= 2);

Before the refactoring that lay->lineCount() call returns 17 here and after it
returns 1. Also waiting for a few seconds after the layout doesn't change that
result either. Can that be a problem?

Beside this case it looks fine to me :-)