release schedule proposal

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at
Wed Feb 2 10:13:34 CET 2011

On 2 February 2011 10:05, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at> wrote:
> Only problem is that it would not really help users that would most likely
> have to be satisfied with koffice 2.3 until we release something labeled
> stable.

I also see something related to the recent thread about minimal Qt
IIRC 2.3 has really lower dependencies, so perhaps in order to become
drop-in replacement we would better off if we allow for very similar
dependencies. Thus distros would be able to deliver as many backports
as possible. But I am not even sure about that because the new app
names, lib names and package name(s) require rather major leap (from
the pacakger's POV), what typically does not qualify as a backport.

regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 Kexi & Calligra (,,
 KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (