release schedule proposal

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Feb 2 09:12:55 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 02 February 2011, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> Only problem is that it would not really help users that would most likely
> have to be satisfied with koffice 2.3 until we release something labeled
> stable.

Well, that's why I stressed that master is quite stable -- and with a bit more care we can make it even more stable. I think it is, except for a small number of regressions (mostly in Krita, but our users seem to have found most of them, and the styles docker in Words, which should be fixable in the shrot term), already much better than KOffice 2.3.

If we label it something weird like a "stable preview release" and make sure we note that it's an improvement over KOffice 2.3, which would then no longer be maintained, I think we're helping out our users.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org