Porting code from Calligra to KWord

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Wed Feb 2 08:23:15 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 02 February 2011, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> You have to copy any new copyrights too to every single relevant file
> even if currently, after a number of commits there is no single
> character of code by 'the other commiters'. Whis is also obligation in
> the opposite way, so it's not our wish but requirement of the license.
Huh ? No :) Or I did not understand what you meant.
If you have:
r3 by Jaroslaw
r2 by Cyrille
r1 by Casper

at r1 file is copyrighted by Casper
at r2 file is copyrighted by Casper, Cyrille
at r3 file is copyrighted by Casper, Cyrille and Jaroslaw

If someone takes the change at r2, it does not have to put Jaroslaw's
copyright, only mine. In reallity, it is not as easy, since most people forget
to edit the copyright when making their change and add their copyright
later... In which case it might be safer to add all copyrights.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott