All to Pixmap server

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Thu Dec 29 17:00:01 GMT 2011

On Thursday, December 29, 2011 17:30:51 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Faster way I saw:
> I have done some PoC using calligraconverter as base, the faster way I
> found without messing too much with Calligra internals is to use the
> private classes from each Calligra app to get the QWidget that will end
> rendering the page or the document, and then use QWidget::render to
> paint everything into a QPixmap.

The tools/cstester is doing something similar. Please note that there I don't
use the QWidgets to render the things into QPixmap but render it directly to
QPixmaps. However the usage of QPixmaps sometimes puts a hight load on the
xserver as all the pixmaps are transfered to the graphics memory. I plan to
change that to generate the images using QImage instead which should solve
this problem.
Please not that for spreadsheers I only paint the the first page into a pixmap.

> Once the project is finished, I'd like to merge it back to calligra but
> that depends on you, not sure what is the policy on using private api.

I see no problem it it is e.g. added to the  tools directory in case you will
continue to maintain it.

Thorsten